15 Magical Moments I got to "Feel" in New York City
- Stepping outside on a frosty New York morning to see the kid who was "flying" in his stroller.
- Seeing a young couple in love on the subway. She put her hand on his cheek, and just for 5 seconds they were the only two people in the world.
- At the bagel shop, a man gave his baby a bagel to suck on and the little one just blissfully gnawed away for the entire time we were there.
- Knocking against a man in a shop, and instead of merely giving a brief "sorry" without looking at me, he steadied me with a hand on my elbow and made sure I was stable before moving on. The kindness of a gentleman.
- Watching the bagel delivery guys duck out under the table with steaming bags and weave their way to delivering satisfaction.
6. The Blue Bottle cup of coffee that must have the feeling of a warm kiss on a cold day.
7. Seeing a couple dance while waiting on a train; time expanding.
8. The brief second of camaraderie between myself and a train attendant when we both found the same thing funny.
9. Sharing happiness when we discovered the girl at the next table was also celebrating her birthday.
10. Watching a guy hold his hand above his girlfriend's head so the water from the subway wouldn't drip on her while they stepped in to the train. Another gentleman.
11. Hearing the loveliness of the trombone a story or two under the earth.
12. Stepping onto this street to realize that in an hour or two, the Phantom's voice was going to be in the same theater I was in.
13. Witnessing a proposal in Bryant park. She thought they were getting awarded the tickets they had won in a raffle, when he had actually set the stage to ask her to marry him. Seeing him get down on one knee was an electric feeling that moved through all of us standing there; surprise and the beauty of the moment suspended us in time.
14. The sweetness of being alone in a snowstorm.